Tuesday 9 April 2013

Day 99: Bambi



Bambi is the new addition to the forest and all the other creatures are excited about his arrival. He makes friends and his Mum teaches him various things about the forest. And then humans come along and ruin everything.

I like that I’m now old enough to appreciate the gay subtext in this film. The skunk loves it when Bambi calls him flower and gets all cute around him. Admittedly he does go off with a lady skunk but whatever, that’s what makes it special. He then names his son Bambi because obviously his love for his childhood friend never went away. So gay.

Love this film. I spent the majority of it crying because it’s all just so cute. Then when I heard the gunshot it felt as if my heart actually broke, it’s just the worst sound. Good thing SuperDad is always around, Bambi would’ve been buggered without him constantly stopping by to save him.

“Your Mother can’t be with you anymore.”

9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment