Monday 8 April 2013

Day 98: The Emperor's New Groove



For the next week (or possibly fortnight, I have yet to make a decision) I shall be watching Disney films. Pretty excited about it, I won’t lie to you.

Recently fired Yzma (Eartha Kitt) wants to kill Emperor Kuzco (David Spade) but she leaves the task up to her nice-but-dim companion, Kronk (Patrick Warburton), and it all goes a tad wrong. Instead of being dead, Kuzco is turned into a llama. Disney!

Pacha (John Goodman) ends up looking after Kuzco even though Kuzco is planning on knocking down his town to build a Summer house. He doesn’t give up on him because he’s convinced that there is always good in people, even if it’s hidden pretty deep. And fair enough, that is true in this case. I’m not really sure I can get behind that though. I understand that people aren’t monsters who are out to hurt people all the time but I’m not sure I could put in the time to find someone’s good side after they’ve been awful. Pacha gives Kuzco chance after chance to prove himself and eventually he comes through. I’m not very good with second chances, I’m a bit of a grudge-holder. I just think that if someone is going to willingly hurt you then why do they deserve a second chance? If it was an accident then obviously it’s a bit different but otherwise, no thank you.

Not really sure how I hadn’t seen this film before but I’m glad I’ve seen it now. Would definitely watch again.

8/10

2 comments:

  1. I like this film.

    Kronk is the bestest.

    That is all.

    ReplyDelete