Saturday 27 April 2013

Day 117: What To Expect When You're Expecting



Babies are happening; people are having them, adopting them, and sadly, losing them. Becoming a family is a different experience for each of the couples in the film but it helps them come together.

The couples are all linked in some way and are all getting to grips with their pregnancies. I liked that it wasn’t really all that easy for them and that they fought because then they got to say everything they needed to say and could come together again knowing more than before. They helped each other through the difficult times and it means they’ll be better prepared for the even harder times to come.

Pregnancy seems like such a stressful and uncomfortable time and I’m just in awe of people who do it. And a little scared. Pregnant women scare me, I don’t know why. I remember when my sister was pregnant and my little nephew was kicking away in there and I could feel him kicking. It was the most intense thing I have ever felt, I can’t even really put it into words. There was a tiny person in there and he was making sure we all knew it, especially his mum. Whenever I watched films and saw people feeling the baby kick I never really got it but then when I felt it for myself, it was honestly just the most breathtaking thing. Although I suppose if I was actually pregnant and felt the baby kick it might be more breathtaking but it really was amazing. Anyway, I guess the film has made me think that I want a baby, oh dear.

Right, so I totally thought this film was going to be rubbish, I don’t know why but I really thought it was going to just be boring. But I actually liked it. I mean, I probably wouldn’t watch it again but I wouldn’t avoid it.

7/10

1 comment:

  1. "Cameron Diaz and creepy Schue?
    Does anyone not fall in love with their dance partner?
    Cheryl Cole, why?
    Wow, sick in the trophy. Just right in there.
    So much sex.
    It doesn't matter how many films you're in, Rodrigo, you will always be Karl from Love Actually to me. And I will always love you.
    "Shit. Should we get married?" What an excellent proposal, well done, Sir.
    Uhm. Hellooo, Jennifer Lopez. Why have I never noticed you before?
    Did you just offer him a blowjob so that he'd go somewhere? That's excellent.
    Wow, you are attractive, Sir.
    Oh god no, are you having a miscarriage, oh no.
    Well you clearly want to be together, can we just make this happen come ooon.
    "My penis is full Jew."
    Surprise party. Haaate.
    Be nicer to your son. Dick.
    You clearly like each other will you just be together, you're killing me guys.
    The teeeears. I can't. NO.
    Labour does not look like fun, not at all.
    NO WHAT IS HAPPENING, DON'T YOU DIE.
    Thank fuck, she's alive. I would NEVER have forgiven the film.
    Oh my god, am I actually broody right now? Jesus, get it together."

    ReplyDelete