Sunday 28 April 2013

Day 118: Chicken Little



After becoming the laughing stock of the town because nobody believed him when he said the sky was falling, Chicken Little (Zach Braff) tries to fit in and make his Dad (Garry Marshall) proud of him. But when the sky starts falling again, he needs his Dad’s support but he just doesn’t believe in him.

When it was obvious that the ‘sky’ that was falling was actually a panel that can take on the properties of its surroundings I thought the film was going to go all Truman Show. That would’ve been better, I think. Don’t get me wrong, I do love some aliens and these ones were cute but I’d have preferred it the other way. Imagine if the whole town was a set and everyone in it had no idea they were being watched, I just love that idea. But I suppose that’s probably not what a Disney film about a tiny chicken would really be about.  I did like the storyline about Chicken Little and his Dad. It’s not enough to love someone, you’ve got to believe in them too.

5/10

1 comment:

  1. "The sky is falling?
    Embarrassed by his kid. I wonder how many parents are embarrassed of their children.
    UGH SHEEP TEACHER.
    Zomg, is that Joan Cusack? Please be Joan, she's a babe.
    Aw she likes him. What's the betting he likes her too?
    Haa, the fish is excellent. Love the King Kong re-enactment.
    "Prepare to hurt. And I don't mean emotionally like I do." YES.
    At least he has good friends.
    I love that he's determined even though barely anybody believes in him.
    Aw, he managed it. I'm so pleased.
    The sky is going to fall again, isn't it?
    So it's camouflaged? Truman Show PLEASE?
    SPICE GIRLS.
    Robot octopus?
    Are you a ginger quiff with an eye? ZOMG THREE EYES AND YOU ARE ADORABLE.
    Haa, the Bee Gees keeps him calm.
    Bugger warning everyone, just you guys get out of there.
    If I don't get the wee ginger alien my life will never be complete.
    Terrible father.
    Ohmygod you are so cute I actually can't take it.
    That's some intense sky falling. Bet you feel like a shit dad now, huh?
    Love can only go so far, guy. You've got to believe in him too.
    Wow, are they just killing all the animal-people? Oh right, no, not killing, just zapping them to some kind of black anti-gravity space.
    I love bickering couples."

    ReplyDelete