Friday 5 April 2013

Day 95: The Island



Ok, so the picture isn’t technically from the film but there were just too many pictures of Ewan McGregor and not enough of Scarlett Johansson to choose from. My rules.

Curiosity leads to a hell of a lot of explosions. When Lincoln Six Echo (Ewan McGregor) has some questions about the facility where he lives, it leads him to discover that he and the other residents of the facility are clones who are being harvested for their organs. Pretty grim but he rallies like a champ and teams up with Jordan Two Delta (Scarlett Johansson) to escape and make people aware of what is going on.

There is so much running in this film. I mean, I was exhausted just watching them. And explosions all over the shop, but it is a Michael Bay film so that is expected. Some of the fighting scenes I could believe in, y’know, they might’ve happened. But then there’s the bit when Lincoln and Jordan are on the side of the building 70 floors up and they fall off and survive. Wouldn’t have happened. I know it’s a film about cloned people yaddayadda, but you’ve got to keep parts of it believable. Loved the fighting though. Pretty much all of my notes centre around how much of a badass Scarlett is. I’m not even sure what the notes refer to since all I wrote was “Oh my, such a badass” (and other variations along that line) but I’m sure the scenes were great.

I’m not really sure what would happen at the end. All the other clones escape the facility and it’s all pretty dramatic with them running about. But what happens next? Do they just chill with their originals? When the doctor was explaining, he said something about them being like children, so what would they do in the world? Although saying that, he did also say that they removed the sex instinct and that clearly didn’t work considering Lincoln and Jordan violate the proximity rules, if you know what I mean. I don’t know, would quite like to know what they did after they escaped. Probably had lots of sex.

6/10 

4 comments:

  1. I quite like this film, I watched it the other week and was like - ScarJo, Shelaugh should watch this! I mainly love McGregor and the Scottishness.

    Also, I have only just noticed that you have the Directors (I think?) in your labels. It is a shame there aren't the actors as well, you could go back and see who you've seen most of over the year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday I spent a while going through each post and attaching the name of the directors. I will be doing the same with the actors as well, it'll just take time.

    I quite like the association between ScarJo and myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay. And then you'll get a word cloud on the side so I can pick a name at random, yes? Ace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll look into getting a word cloud, yes.

    ReplyDelete