Wednesday 3 April 2013

Day 93: Grosse Pointe Blank



A professional assassin goes back to his home town and tries to rekindle the relationship with his high school girlfriend.

Martin (John Cusack) ditched Debi (Minnie Driver) on prom night and then took off for 10 years with no word. He then waltzed back in to her life and tried to start up the relationship as if he hadn’t just run off for a decade. And she seems remarkably alright about the whole thing. Then she stumbles across him just having killed someone and has a little freak out. That doesn’t last too long though and she accepts that that’s just what he does. Their relationship seemed a little bit too far-fetched for me, I just don’t believe she’d have taken him back so easily and then when she saw that he killed someone that didn’t seem to bother her all that much. I understand they were in love 10 years before but he ran out on her and she thought all that time that she’d done something to make him take off. It all just seemed a bit too easy and quick.

I’ve always thought I could be an assassin. Not because I have any thoughts about killing people, I just think that if the money was right and the target was a bastard then I’d not have a problem with it.

8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment