Saturday 20 April 2013

Day 110: The Innkeepers



The Yankee Pedlar Inn is closing down, and Luke (Pat Healy) and Claire (Sara Paxton) are anxious to talk to the ghost that has haunted the place for years.

Nooooope. Just, no, thank you. I can’t be dealing with ghostly whisperings and old naked men who’ve killed themselves chasing a girl through the basement. I cannot. It is not something that I can. OK? But if I am to try and talk about the film in some kind of coherent manner then I will say that I liked that it built up to the scary stuff really slowly. And it was genuinely scary. But I suppose I’d say you can take that with a pinch of salt because I am scared of my own shadow, so. One thing though, guys, what is up with people actively seeking out ghosts? Can’t you just do normal scary stuff like, I don’t know, try and live as an adult person in a world that will crush any and all joy out of you? No?

“Let’s go to the basement and find out what that fucking ghost’s problem is.”

7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment