Tuesday 2 April 2013

Day 92: Breakfast At Tiffany's



Immediately upon moving into his new apartment, Paul (George Peppard) meets Holly Golightly (Audrey Hepburn) and is instantly taken with her. He spends time with her and seems to understand who she is, eventually loving her for it. Although I’m sure he probably loved her right away, really.

Holly seems a bit fascinating, I’m not at all surprised that Paul loves her. I think it’s great that she does what she wants when she wants to do it. Obviously it’s hard for her and she doesn’t let anyone get close to her but I think that’s good, in a way. It means that eventually when she does let someone in then they’ll be the best because she won’t just let it be any old person. And that’s what happened here. Paul doesn’t seem like a rat or a super-rat, like all the other men she comes across. He genuinely cares for her and wants the best for her. Definitely pleased they got together at the end. In the rain! How wonderful.

For some reason I wasn’t expecting to like this film (I seem to say that a lot) but it was great. As terrible as it may sound, I’ve never actually seen a film with Audrey Hepburn in it before but she was wonderful.

9/10

1 comment:

  1. This entry made me smile; I've never even seen the film but it makes me what to watch it.

    ReplyDelete