Wednesday 10 April 2013

Day 100: The Fox and the Hound



Tod and Copper are an unlikely pair; one is a fox and the other is a hunting dog. But when they’re young they only care about being friends and not the trouble they’ll have later. Sadly they can’t just be friends forever because people must hunt, for some reason.

Disney really knows how to break your heart. First off with the gunshot that kills Tod’s Mother and then later when the old lady leaves Tod in the woods. This is my favourite Disney film and I’ve seen it a million times but I always never really like Copper. I understand that he’s been trained to hunt and he doesn’t have much of a choice about it but he just turns on Tod so easily. You were best friends! That has to count for something. Tod comes to the rescue though when Copper is about to be killed by a bear because he’s a babe.

Tod:  Copper, you’re my very best friend.
Copper:  And you’re mine too, Tod.
Tod:  And we’ll always be friends forever, won’t we?
Copper:  Yeah, forever.

LIES.

10/10

2 comments:

  1. I still want you to find/read the book.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shall not have my film ruined by this strange book.

    ReplyDelete