Friday 17 May 2013

Day 137: Hocus Pocus



The Sanderson sisters are about to be executed but before they are, Winifred (Bette Midler) says that when a virgin lights the black flame candle, the sisters shall return. Cut to 300 years later and a numpty virgin does just that. The witches return and are searching for children.

This film is always a favourite. No matter how many times I see it, it always makes me laugh. Perhaps the best bit is when they escape out of the kiln and Winifred is copying the language tape that lured them inside. Just tickles me every time. The special effects are a bit dated but I don’t think it detracts from the film at all.

I won’t be at home for the next wee while so the blogs will probably be very short. And I most likely won’t have any notes to put in the comments.

9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment