Saturday 11 May 2013

Day 131: The Human Centipede (First Sequence)



A surgeon who is known for his talents at separating Siamese twins has decided to put his skills towards creation. Through an exhausting surgical procedure he connects three tourists via their digestive systems.

I’m not sure why I decided to watch this film. If I was to guess I’d say it was partly due to my limitless curiosity, and partly due to my fondness for films that contain psychological torture. Perhaps, perhaps. I’m confused on a point, however. Some days after the surgery, the ‘end piece’ of his human centipede develops a serious infection around her mouth wound and dies. Now, surely that was obviously going to happen? I’m not a doctor or anything but, faeces + wounds = bad times. No? So he must’ve known that they wouldn’t survive for long in that situation, being a doctor and all. I don’t know.

While the film was obviously disgusting, it was nowhere near as gross as I thought it was going to be. The idea was interesting enough, what happens was clearly horrible on all counts. But, I mean, he could’ve connected them in a different way so that they’d not get infections. I suppose that would take away from the centipede aspect though. The acting was terrible and the writing was just rubbish. I was really only watching because I wanted to see what happened, rather than any investment in the story.

2/10

7 comments:

  1. "Are you masturbating in the car? Oh, I see, you're looking at a picture of three dogs who are joined arse to mouth.
    What is this acting, ugh. "What. Was. That." OK, robot.
    It's not rocket science to change a tyre, even if you're not really sure.
    Just keep driving with the flat tyre, that is infinitely better than getting out and walking through dark woods.
    This is so not the house you want, ladies.
    Don't take drinks from the strange man, come on now.
    "I don't like human beings." Warm welcome.
    Oh dear, he's found a young guy.
    Showing them what you're going to do to them before you do it? Cold.
    Cannot believe you've waited until now to bite the fucking straps off the bed.
    Yeah, I'd have just let myself drown or slit my throat with the glass. No way I'd be part of the centipede.
    Surgery time!
    Nooooope. Oh my fuck.
    How are the women possibly breathing. They keep crying, their noses would be all blocked up.
    Surely the women are gonna die, you can't ingest that much faeces.
    Surely the faeces would infect the wounds?
    Jesus, you bit him. You had a fucking scalpel but you decided to bite him?
    What the actual fuck are you going to do now, lady?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. What does the second film add to the story?

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://img2-3.timeinc.net/ew/i/2011/10/04/human-centipede-2-01_320.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh... I guess you might have to copy/paste.

    ReplyDelete