Thursday 9 May 2013

Day 129: Hoodwinked!



All is not well in the world of bakery. Someone has been stealing the recipes from each of the cake shops in the woods and the only one left belongs to Grandma Puckett. Her granddaughter, Red Riding Hood, decides that the only way to ensure nobody steals the recipes is if she takes them up the mountain to her Gran’s house. But the situation gets messy and the police are called in to investigate what really happened, meaning we get taken through four different stories.

It’s always interesting to see the experiences each person had that led them to the same point. I like when films and books do this, you never really get enough of the picture from just one person. The film is funny in places and I liked the crime angle but overall it’s nothing special. I’m not a fan of the animation itself, it seems really clunky and badly done. But I do realise it’s a children’s movie so the things I’d usually look for aren’t really going to be there.

6/10

1 comment:

  1. "I love how sassy the wolf is.
    Not a fan of the song.
    Right, I don't understand why the stealing of a book of recipes means you have to close down your shop? Is it a matter of not having copies or is it because the recipes were really unique? I don't get it, cakes are cakes, man.
    I love that goat.
    "May I call you Wolf?" - "You can call me Shelagh. I like long walks and fresh flowers." Ha.
    Who remembers their day in this much detail?
    Not a fan of yodelling.
    These children are mental.
    Dun dun duuun it's the bunny.
    Keith is a terrible name.
    These songs are just not good.
    At what point did she pick up the hood? I never saw her pick it up.
    "I always did like happy endings." Ugh, if that's not just the cheesiest last line."

    ReplyDelete