Thursday 2 May 2013

Day 122: A Fantastic Fear of Everything



While researching Victorian murderers for his new novel, Jack (Simon Pegg) becomes paranoid and spends his time obsessing about his eventual death at the hands of a murderer. After finally managing to make it outside in preparation for a meeting, everything goes a bit tits-up and his fears almost become a reality.

Yaaaawn. This film was really boring but I’m not sure why. I mean, after I read about murderers for a bit I end up getting all paranoid in much the same way. Although I’ve yet to start carrying a knife around with me and superglue my window shut. I think I was expecting it to be more interesting and that he would actually develop serious psychological problems rather than just be a bit paranoid for a while and then get better really quickly. I like my mental health issues to last a while, thank you.

4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment