Wednesday 15 May 2013

Day 135: Fast Girls



Shania (Lenora Crichlow) doesn’t have much going for her in life but she can run and she can run fast. She usually runs solo but after being asked to join the British relay team, she decides to go for it. It’s difficult working as a team when you’re supposed to work with your rival but all it takes is a little perspective and standing up for yourself and maybe you can do it after all.

I hate running. It is just such a boring thing to do, even just thinking about it bores me. I don’t really understand running unless you’re running away from something (zombies, obviously). But saying all that, this film does the running scenes (and my oh my, there are a lot) quite well. I wasn’t bored by them, or I don’t remember being bored by them, which is the same. The risks of being an athlete seem massive. One bad fall and that could be your entire career, that is just so much pressure. No wonder athletes are really serious about what they do. The actresses all seemed believable as athletes (although, really, how would I know?) and they played off each other well.

The film was alright, definitely much better than I was expecting. Probably wouldn’t watch it again but I did like it.

6/10

1 comment:

  1. "The only thing more boring than running is a film about running. Please be good.
    Refuse to believe anyone gets out of bed that easily.
    LESTRADE.
    RUN LIKE THE WIND, BABE.
    Aw man, copper from Wire in the Blood!
    SPARKY FROM LIP SERVICE!
    "I don't come here to make friends." If I don't say that once in life then I'll have failed.
    So you two are clearly gonna be bumping uglies later.
    "Strong glutes." Is that how physios flirt?
    You're to hungover for this, what were you thinking?
    Why do some teams run in pants?
    The relay is so stressful. Why am I stressed, jeez.
    Those are some blue eyes you've got there, Sir.
    Bonding over the fact some men are dickheads, love it.
    Good training montage.
    Such a supportive mum!
    "Don't look weak." She just fucking lost and needs comfort, dick.
    NOO TRIX.
    For god sake, why am I tense! Bloody relay.
    You have got to get it together, ladies. Jesus.
    Such a big step for you, Lisa. PROUD.
    COOOME OOON YEEEES!"

    ReplyDelete