Friday 3 May 2013

Day 123: LOL



After her boyfriend cheats on her, Lola (Miley Cyrus) realises her best friend, Kyle (Douglas Booth), likes her and she likes him too. But there’s trouble in paradise; she thinks he cheats on her and rather than have a conversation about it, they stop talking and she de-friends him on Facebook. Dramarama. Her mum reads her diary and realises her daughter has had sex (oh heavens no, the horror) and they have to try and mend their relationship.

What we have here is a clear problem in communication. You guys remember how into communication I am, right? And it’s not just about sex (although that is very important and you should be discussing things with your sexual partners, for reals), you need to communicate with the people closest to you in your life or problems will arise. Rather than shut your mum out of your life when before you had been so close, for instance, perhaps let her in on what’s happening with you. And rather than read your daughter’s diary (holy betrayal, batman) you could maybe try and talk to her in a non-judgemental way so she feels like she can share things with you. Pretty sure I’m going to be the best mum, no doubt.

The film wasn’t absolutely horrendous, despite what I was expecting. I mean, it wasn’t good at all but I was expecting much worse. It was so ridiculously teenager-y and that is a bit too much to want to pay attention to for long periods of time. But I had alcohol so I got through.

4/10

2 comments:

  1. "I already don't care about any of the characters.
    Aw, he cheated on her. Dick.
    Oh no, written all over the 'Chad + Lola 4 EVER'.
    What. Is she just in the bath with her kid? And Lola is wandering about naked in front of both of them?
    Furious Diary Writing.
    They are so rude, nobody is paying attention. Poor teacher.
    You're in high school, stop flirting with the teacher.
    Ugh, she's got her bare feet on the kitchen counter. So disgusting.
    Clearly Kyle wants her, can we just get to that faster.
    Boom, they were so going to kiss.
    He is very attractive. Helloooo officer.
    'One night quick and dirty', nice.
    "I respect you too much", to sleep with her? You can still respect someone and have sex with them. That's actually a thing.
    Such a dick. You cheated on her, guy, you don't get to do this now.
    Just tell him you like him. Both of you tell each other. Now. Look, you're all over each other anyway, just hurry it up with some actual words.
    "I can't love him but I do." Why do you have to hide it? Aaaah, just tell hiiim. No, I don't care.
    What are you doing, oh my god, have you got the camera inside a raw chicken pretending it's a vagina? Wtf am I watching?
    Where are your eyebrows?
    UGH THERE'S STILL AN HOUR LEFT.
    Are you drugging your gran? Nice.
    Look how close he is standing to you, you are up against the wall. Boom, they almost kissed again.
    Finally kissing!
    Now sex? Oh, no sex? Almost sex.
    Furious Diary Writing.
    HOT COP.
    Oh no, she thinks Kyle is having sex with the other lass.
    "It's good to eat when you're sad." I like you, lady.
    So childish, fuck sake. Just. Talk. To. Each. Other.
    She got one B and that's bad? Parents are messed up.
    She doesn't care about her education, just about the boy? Ugh.
    So she's kissing a boy in front of Kyle to make him jealous. Sooo childish oh my goood.
    Why don't you just go to see him instead of waiting for him to text? He lives 10 minutes away, christ.
    Yeah, people can have sex and still be intelligent. I don't get why people think sex = idiocy.
    Aw no babe, you've ended up with the crazy.
    Aw, they did the padlock thing in France. I've always wanted to do that even though it's mega cheesy.
    So you're having sex at the same time as your mum. Why am I finding that odd?
    Aw man, why are you being a dick. You slept together, you can't just be all distant now.
    You kept the condom wrapper? Why? What an odd thing to keep.
    Don't slap your daughter, christ.
    I'm not really sure how kids and their parents get to be so close. I hope if I have kids that I can be close with them.
    You are a shit dad. No question. You better realise your son is talented and wants to do this or you will continue to be shit.
    Aw, look at him singing at her. Cute.
    Your hair is so bad but your lips are great, Sir."

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can think is: HOW UNHYGIENIC.

    ReplyDelete