Tuesday 8 January 2013

Day 8: Heathers



The whole film is basically quote gold. It’s your typical teenage angst bullshit but with more murder-made-to-look-like-suicides. The acting is just awful. Does Christian Slater always sound like that? I forgot Winona Ryder was basically the female Keanu Reeves. But Christ, none of that matters because despite the acting being terrible, the film was enjoyable. I have absolutely nothing to say about the film itself, I just want to put my favourite quotes here because they make the whole thing.


"I don't patronise bunny rabbits."

"Whether to kill yourself or not is one of the most important decisions a teenager can make."

7/10

2 comments:

  1. Yes, Christian Slater always sounds like that, even when he's playing an Englishman in the High Middle Ages (Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, of course).

    It was all downhill for Winona after Edward Scissorhands, although at least she was in Black Swan recently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember him sounding so bad in anything else. But I do know I'll be saying "Greetings and salutations" as much as possible. In his strange voice.

    She was alright in 'Girl, Interrupted' but that might just be because I love the film so I think she must've been better than she actually was. I remember almost nothing of her appearance in Black Swan. She is so forgettable!

    ReplyDelete