Tuesday 29 January 2013

Day 29: Spirited Away



Chihiro and her family are moving house but along the way they take a wrong turn and end up in a strange world full of gods and spirits. Her parents unwittingly eat charmed food which turns them into pigs and it’s up to Chihiro to save them and return back to the human world.

I know we’re supposed to but I do love the relationship between Haku and Chihiro. He immediately jumps in to help her and when she’s scared he tries to comfort her. He remembers her name even when he can’t remember his own and he takes her to see her parents. She recognises that he is the dragon and tries to save him. And my favourite bit, she remembers his name for him. Such a sweet moment. When she finally gets to leave, Haku tells her she can’t look back but you can see she almost does at one point. And I loved that so much.

The huge baby scared me, I won’t lie. And when it said it was going to break her arm unless she played with him my fears were clearly correct. He was much better as the rat. The jumping heads were quite possibly my favourite thing.

Thoroughly enjoyed it, will watch many times.

9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment