Sunday 31 March 2013

Day 90: Nanny McPhee



A widower is forced to marry again and his children are not at all pleased about it. Nanny McPhee (Emma Thompson) teaches the children valuable lessons and gets them to stop behaving like little demons.

Nanny McPhee seems like the saddest character. She’s hated initially by the children she looks after and when they eventually realise that she’s wonderful, then she has to leave them. So she moves from place to place and never gets to stay with the people who like her. And she is actually excellent and helps everyone realise what is important. I cry every single time she says this line at the end of the film:  “When you need me but do not want me, then I must stay. When you want me but no longer need me, then I have to go.”

Right, so, I love this film. Let’s be honest here.

8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment