Saturday 30 March 2013

Day 89: Cockneys vs Zombies



Two brothers, their cousin, their daft mate and the local psycho team up to rob a bank to save the old folks' home. The police are after them until they realise they’ve got a bit of a bigger problem. Zombies. The robbers and their adorable hostage head to the old folks home to save them but the pensioners are pretty badass by themselves.

We see the start of the zombie outbreak: builders stumble across a tomb and they decide to indulge in a little light grave robbing. Sadly for them and the rest of the East End, this tomb isn’t filled with any normal skeletons. Some of them get up and they bite the builders. One of them gets their lips bitten off! It was quite dramatic. Don’t rob graves, kids. That is definitely the lesson I took from this film.

The gang head off to rob the bank but they’re all pretty much hopeless. Well, except Katy (Michelle Ryan). She can seemingly do anything and is pretty badass while she does it. The robbery itself is easy but there are a load of police officers outside waiting to grab them. They grab two hostages and try and escape, only to discover everything has gone mental outside. Zombies everwhere! If you’re going to rob a bank, wait until there’s a zombie outbreak. That’s another lesson I took from the film. I’ve learned so much.

I am so influenced by other people swearing; there’s so much swearing in this film and all my notes contain swearing. The film wasn’t amazing but if you want an easy film with zombies and badass old folk, this is pretty much the one for you. I probably wouldn’t watch it again but I wasn’t disappointed, it was exactly what I thought it would be.

Terry:  If we’re longer than 10 minutes -
Katy:  - Then fucking wait longer.

6/10 

1 comment:

  1. The old dude at the front in your image played Tinker in Lovejoy. Great show, but before your time. I have to admit I thought he died a long, long time ago so it's a nice surprise.

    ReplyDelete