Thursday 21 March 2013

Day 80: Shark Tale



Living at the bottom of the reef is hard for a fish with his sights set on something higher, so when an opportunity presents itself to Oscar (Will Smith) he goes for it. A shark is killed and he takes credit for it, becoming the shark slayer that his town/reef needs. But things get difficult when more sharks turn up and he is expected to deal with them. My mistress, John, picked this film and he wanted to be mentioned here. YOU ARE FAMOUS, JOHN.

Every time I said I hadn’t seen this film all I got was “How is that possible?! It’s Shark Tale!” so I was expecting great things. And let me tell you, I was disappointed. I didn’t find it all that funny and the story itself was kind of boring. The only good bit was when they were in the Godfather shark’s office and there’s the picture that Leo drew of Kate in Titanic. But that’s right at the start of the film, and that’s actually all I liked. Although I suppose I do like when kid’s films try to hammer it home that you should be accepted no matter what you’re like.

5/10

3 comments:

  1. "Every time I said I hadn't seen this film all I got was "How is that possible?! It's Shark Tale!"

    That's funny because I've not even HEARD of it, let alone seen it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?! IT'S SHARK TALE!

    I so want everything with Angelina Jolie in it to be good but it is so rarely the case, it just makes me sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think more of Shark Tank, which is the US version of Dragons' Den (and very good it is too).

    ReplyDelete