Sunday 23 June 2013

Day 174: The Rescuers


The Rescue Aid Society has been alerted to the plight of a little girl called Penny (Michelle Stacy) and so two mice set off to help her. Despite the constant danger, Bernard (Bob Newhart) and Bianca (Eva Gabor) are determined to rescue Penny.

I’m not entirely sure how I haven’t seen this film before. I guess I only watched the big Disney films as a kid, but I’m glad I finally got to watch it now. Penny isn’t entirely helpless; she sends off the note in the bottle, she keeps trying to escape, and she fought against her captors and the crocodiles. Obviously she’s sad but she’s still optimistic. She’s optimistic that she’ll be rescued and that she’ll be adopted. Because, of course, it’s not sad enough that a little girl has been kidnapped but she has to go and be an orphan too. Disney!

The mice never gave up, even though they were little and scared. They were just so focused on doing the right thing that their fear was pushed to the side. That’s a good message.


8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment