Monday 15 July 2013

Day 196: The Rescuers Down Under


A child is kidnapped by an evil poacher and the Rescue Aid Society step in to help.

The golden eagle is terrifying, let’s not be daft here. She doesn’t speak (unlike the rest of the animals?), she just squawks, she’s horrifically massive and she has demon eyes. I’m pretty sure she’s evil in bird form. But despite all that, the boy becomes friends with her and tries his best to save her and her eggs even though he is in danger himself. He’s not alone though, Miss Bianca (Eva Gabor) and Bernard (Bob Newhart) are on hand to help. I liked that Bernard became more sure of himself as the film progressed and it led to him finally being able to propose to Miss Bianca. They’re a sweet couple and they seem like they’d have a really interesting life together.


7/10

1 comment:

  1. I love both the Rescuers films.

    The first one was very dark compared to the second. Lots more silly comedy in the second. Like the mice in the old ambulance out in the desert and Frank(?) the frilly necked lizard thing and that egg stealing from the eggbox with Joanna. God, it's been years since I've watched it (but I must have watched it a hundred times up to then) and I remember so much about it, I love it.

    ReplyDelete